Thursday, July 2, 2015

Gingham style


Hi Friends!!!!

Do y'all ever want to pull off a "sporty" look,  but then realize that you do not have any gym in you?!! Thats me. I love and envy how people can pull off such an effortless look. Here is how you can too! Well at least you can give it a try.
















Its been almost 2 weeks and I feel that I am not following a blogging schedule. I am still not sure which day out of the week that I should choose. Any help? Which days are better for you? Comment below.

Yes, this is my attempt at the "sporty" look. I paired this wonderful shirt with a plaid/gingham printed top. I tried to tough up the look by adding a metallic chain and some worn-in Converse. Did I succeed? (Once my friend commented that my style was girly and I was almost offended for some strange reason, but even though I feel tough and edgey I understand how people can interpret this.) Now I realize that it is fairy girly, which is not what I was going for. This skirt can vary depending in your interpretation. A school girl? A tennis player? I guess cheerleaders and tennis players count as athletes right? Of course they do.

Lately I have been thrifting as much as possible. Like most conscience shopoholics, I carefully invest in my wardrobe. There are some pieces like this awesome skirt that can easily be forgotten after a just a season. In these cases, I thrift for the items that might not make it after a couple of years. I mean a $3 skirt never hurt anybody!!

Technically this whole outfit is thrifted, down to the cute back pack (except the Converse and accessories). I spent about $7. You can't beat that!

Outfit attitude:
"It is summer break, but why I'm dressed for elementary school? Yes, I'm and adult and no I don't want to grow up!"


Outfit Details
*** You can shop for look alikes here




No comments:

Post a Comment